Are you an experienced school business manager looking for a new challenge?
The Hastings Academy is looking to appoint a new business manager position to work closely with the Principal and Trust professional services to support the academy. There is not currently a stand alone school business manager within the academy so there will be scope to shape the role based on need. As such, it would best suit an established business manager or professional equivalent.
The Hastings Academy is a modern and innovative school with dedicated and determined staff, united by our values, with state of the art facilities. We have approximately 900 students and have the highest expectations of each and every child. The diversity of the school community ensures that the Hastings Academy is a vibrant and interesting place to work. The Academy's motto, PRIDE Through Success, stands for Potential, Respect, Innovation, Determination and Excellence and this applies equally to all the Academy's staff as well as to its students.
The full job description is attached at the bottom of this advert but main functions of the role will be:
- To support the Principal in the efficient planning and management of academy operations and resources.
- To provide professional leadership and management of school support staff in partnership with teaching staff, to enable highest standards of teaching, learning and achieving outcomes for students.
- To be responsible to the Principal for all aspects of financial record keeping, planning, analysis and reporting for the academy.
- To work strategically to generate funding for the Academy through engaging with bid writing and outward facing work relating to a range of potential income streams.
- To provide opportunity for Executive engagement and usage of Academy facilities by the wider community.
The role will be full time (37 hours per week) and working 52 weeks per year. There will be occasions where the role will need to support academy events and parents evenings outside of normal office hours. Such expectations will be managed reasonably and time off in lieu arranged where appropriate.
We can offer you:-
- the opportunity to work within an academy recently classified as 'Good' by Ofsted
- a positive and innovative learning environment
- excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- excellent professional development opportunities
Benefits - we offer a wide range of exciting and useful employee benefits to all our employees, including flexible working to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive annual leave entitlement, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, and discounts and offers with popular retailers.
We believe in the power of motivated and happy staff, which is why we seek to enrich and reward our employees wherever we can.
To arrange a visit to the academy or to have an informal discussion, please contact the Principal’s PA on 01424 711950 or email Harriet Catt at email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 14th June 2019 with interviews to be held week commencing 17th June 2019