The post holder will undergo training to work directly with children and where appropriate, their parents / carers in school, following a programme written and supported by an Advanced Speech and Language Therapist. The post may also involve assisting in group interventions and a responsibility for preparation of materials for specific children as well as general resource preparation and note keeping to professional standards following training.
The successful candidate should have:
- The ability to create good working relationships to support pupils effectively and promote positive values, attitudes and behaviour
- Knowledge and understanding to effectively use resources to engage pupils and achieve positive outcomes
- A good standard of education particularly in English and Mathematics
- Experience of working with children with speech, language and communication needs and / or pupils with autism.
- A passion for continued professional development and a drive to undertake training
Churchwood is a one-form entry primary school situated in the picturesque setting of Church Wood in St Leonards on Sea. We have a large playing field, our own Forest School, a Woodland Playground and two acres of beautiful woodland. We have up to 300 children who are organized into single age classes including our thriving Nursery.
We can offer:
- A happy, caring academy ethos – ‘At Churchwood Everyone Can!’
- A supportive, well established and driven team committed to doing their very best for our pupils
- Extensive CPD opportunities working within our academy and across other Trust schools
- Excellent classroom and site resources
Visits to the academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed, please contact the Principal’s PA at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange an appointment to tour the academy and have an informal chat with the Principal.
Applicants will be required to complete all necessary written work involved in this position. Employment will be subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearances including the Disqualification under the Childcare Act. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.