Do you thrive on seeing your pupils flourish?
Hollington Primary Academy is looking to appoint a Reading Intervention and Beyond Intervention teacher to join our dedicated and supportive team.
Ideally, the successful candidate could be a qualified Reading Recovery teacher or have a similar qualification.
The role will provide group and 1-1 interventions within KS1 and into KS2 to support the teaching of reading and phonics, to ensure that all of our pupils become confident and fluent readers, as well as supporting skills and knowledge in writing and maths. We see these interventions, and particularly those for reading, as being central to ensuring that every child, regardless of starting point, learns to read and is giving an equal opportunity to reach their full potential.
Our academy uses Daily Supported Reader in Year 1 and Destination Reader throughout other year groups as the core of our taught reading provision.
The post will be a permanent contract for 0.6fte.
We are looking for applicants who:
- Have qualified teacher status and significant experience of teaching children to read
- Are a dedicated professional who believes that every child can learn to read no matter the barriers they may face
- Invest in developing strong, professional relationships with all pupils
- Value continuing professional development to support their role
- Will champion reading with their colleagues and share their expertise with the whole school community with support and training across the academy
About Hollington Primary Academy
Ofsted grade: Good (2017)
Hollington Primary Academy is a school for 4 to 11-year olds in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. We serve our local community and encourage our pupils to think big. We have two classes in each year group and use our creative curriculum to bring learning to life. We have excellent sports provision and hold the Gold School Games award. We also host a nursery for children aged from 2 years.
We can offer you:
- Full training and an ongoing commitment to the Reading Recovery CPD network (if are qualified)
- A well-resourced academy that prioritises reading right from the start
- A leadership team that is knowledgeable about, and fully supportive of, the principles of Reading Recovery style support for learning
- The opportunity to make a real difference to the lives of children
- A role that is not class room based, allowing the successful candidate to dedicate themselves to ensuring that reading has the priority it deserves
- This is a unique opportunity to join a school that is friendly, fun and focused on ensuring that all our children get the best possible start in life.
- We work closely with other schools in our Trust and there are many opportunities to share ideas and learn from each other.
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and pupils.
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
Benefits we offer
We value our staff, investing in their training and development at all stages of their careers.
We place particular importance on providing opportunities for you to learn and grow, with a package that includes an annual personal development day, job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, open access online training courses, and scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton. And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
The other benefits we offer including our generous public sector pension schemes and family friendly policies are designed to support you with work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life.
Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
Closing date: Sunday 5th December 2021
Interview date: 7th December
Proposed start date: 4th January 2022
Find out more
Download the job description and person specification below for more information about this opportunity.
To arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about this role please contact the Academy office on 01424 851783 or via email: email@example.com
To submit your application follow the ‘Apply for job’ link at the bottom of this page.