Are you a qualified Speech and Language Therapist looking for a new challenge?
Following the successful promotion of our current Speech and Language Therapist, Hollington Primary Academy are now seeking to recruit a passionate and committed individual to join our innovative inclusion team. The successful candidate would work in conjunction with the inclusion team to develop provision for pupils with Speech, Language and Communication Needs.
Hollington Primary Academy is a school that works to promote outstanding opportunities for all our pupils, to enable them to ‘Think Big’ to aspire for excellence. Within a culture of high expectations, mutual respect and shared learning, all members of our community are encouraged to develop a love of learning where they take pride in, and share, their successes, and are supported to take the next step on their journey.
The full job description is attached at the bottom of this advert but main functions of the role will be:
- To provide assessment, diagnosis and intervention to children referred for Speech and Language Therapy including information to school staff, parents, carers and other professionals as appropriate.
- To line manage the Speech and Language intervention support staff team alongside the SENCO.
- To provide high quality Speech and Language Therapy to a caseload to ensure outcomes for children, improve and train relevant intervention support staff to deliver on a daily basis. The caseload will be created collaboratively by the Speech and Language Therapist and the SENCO through early screening.
- To support and promote a Speech and Language rich environment throughout the academy.
The role will be for 15 hours per week and will be required during term time only (salary will be calculated pro rata). There is also a requirement for this position to maintain registration with The Royal College of Speech and Language Therapy.
We can offer you:-
- the opportunity to work within an academy recently classified as 'Good' by Ofsted
- a positive and innovative learning environment
- excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- excellent professional development opportunities
Benefits - we offer a wide range of exciting and useful employee benefits to all our employees, including flexible working to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive annual leave entitlement, enhanced maternity and paternity leave, and discounts and offers with popular retailers.
We believe in the power of motivated and happy staff, which is why we seek to enrich and reward our employees wherever we can.
To arrange a visit to the academy or to have an informal discussion, please contact Andrea Parnell on 01424 851783 or email email@example.com
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.