Alternative Provision and Personal Development Manager
The Hastings Academy
Single Status Grade 11 Points 29-31 pro rata
Dependent on experience and qualifications
37 hours per week, term time only plus 10 extra days (including some Saturdays/Summer School)
Start date: 1st September 2019, fixed term contract until 31st August 2020
The Hastings Academy is a modern and innovative school with dedicated and determined staff, united by our values, with state of the art facilities. We have approximately 900 students and have the highest expectations of each and every child. The Academy's motto, PRIDE Through Success, stands for Potential, Respect, Innovation, Determination and Excellence and this applies equally to all the Academy's staff as well as to its students. Here at The Hastings Academy we take great PRIDE in investing in all our staff through a variety of professional development programmes that aim to provide a culture of lifelong learning, continuity and succession planning.
The Hastings Academy require an Alternative Provision and Personal Development Manager to:-
- Directly contribute to the academy’s key objectives of reducing permanent and fixed term exclusions and improve attendance of all especially the Persistent Absentees
- Design and support the delivery of targeted and personalised intervention for students at risk of exclusion and their families
- Implement a high quality transition program for students joining the academy in Year 7
- To quality assure the offsite provision and manage the onsite THRIVE, Forest School & Isolation provision
- To lead the development of outstanding provision for Careers Information, Advice and Guidance (CEIAG) & Employer Engagement opportunities
- Contribute to the implementation of the academy’s strategic aims by providing a range of professional guidance and career planning services to our students. Enhance student employability; and work in close collaboration with academy staff and employers to facilitate learner progression.
- To lead on a range of Careers, Employability and enrichment projects which supports the academy’s agenda
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to work within an Academy recently classified as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- a calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- excellent professional development opportunities
Visits to the academy are warmly encouraged. To arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about this role then please contact a member of the Trust HR Team on 01424 711925. Alternatively, please email email@example.com
Thank you for your interest.