Working pattern: School hours, term time only & inset days
Actual starting salary (calculated pro rata): £12,417.91 (pay award pending)
We believe all children deserve the very best early start in life. Do you?
Are you passionate and committed to supporting young children with their learning and personal development?
If you have answered 'yes' to both the above questions, please continue reading about our new and exciting vacancy.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and committed Teaching Assistant, to join us on a fixed term contract covering a period of Maternity Leave. In a mainly classroom based role, you will work with colleagues to support both individual and groups of children in their core learning including: reading, writing, and mathematics. You will also provide support in the playground encouraging the children's development of positive social friendships and play skills.
You will have:
- Maths and English GCSE grade A- C or equivalent
- Experience of establishing positive relationships with young children and the ability to empathise with their needs
- A strong commitment to supporting children's learning
- A patient, resourceful, enthusiastic and flexible approach
- You will have experience of working with/caring for children, have your own children, or have worked with children in a voluntary capacity
- A keen interest in outdoor learning and making activities engaging and accessible to all
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we offer you:
- Family friendly policies that are designed to support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including: An annual personal development day, Job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, Open access online training courses and Scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton.
And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
About Churchwood Primary Academy
Ofsted grade: Good (2017)
Churchwood Primary Academy is a school for 4 to 11-year olds in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. We are a caring and creative school. With one class in each year group, we are able to guide and support our pupils to achieve their best. Situated in the picturesque setting of Church Wood, our pupils enjoy learning outside the classroom in our forest school, woodland playground and large playing fields. Our speech and language provision is a key strength: we have a Autism Spectrum Disorder unit for Key Stage 2 pupils and a Speech and Language therapist. We also host a nursery for children aged from 2 years.
We hold the School Games Gold Award and the East Sussex Quality Mark for Inclusion. Visit Churchwood Primary Academy.
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
Find out more
Download the job description and person specification below for more information about this opportunity.
To arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about this role please contact Ros Collett at email@example.com
To submit your application follow the ‘Apply for job’ link at the bottom of this page.
Closing date: 3 July 2022
Interview date: W/C 4 July 2022
Proposed start date: 1st September 2022
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.