Working term time only, the actual starting salary equates to £15,729
We are looking to recruit a Cover Supervisor who, in the absence of the class teacher, can cover lessons across a wide range of subjects. This includes delivering lessons in accordance with the work set by the teacher/Head of Department and also providing support for the Pastoral team.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a drive for excellence and a desire to deliver lessons of an outstanding quality
- Is highly organised, motivated and committed to the role
- Has experience working in teaching or in providing support in the classroom
- Is a team member who will collaborate with colleagues to ensure a high level of communication both internally and externally
- Is flexible to the changing demands of the role
- Is able to build positive working relationships with students
- Has enthusiasm, presence and authority who can deliver consistently
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we offer you:
- Family friendly policies that are designed to support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including: An annual personal development day, Job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, Open access online training courses and Scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton.
And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
About the Hastings Academy - Ofsted grade: Good (2018)
The Hastings Academy is a secondary school for 11 to 16- year olds in Hastings, East Sussex. Our motto, Pride through success, runs through everything that we do. We are a modern and innovative school, with specialist classrooms and technology to support learning. Our team of talented professional staff are committed to maximising the potential of every child. We hold the Quality in Careers Standard, the national quality award for careers educations, information advice and guidance. We are renowned for our inclusivity and outstanding care of students. We offer 180 student places every year, with a total capacity of 900. We also host a special facility for up to 10 young people with speech, language and communication difficulties.
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils, and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
Find out more
Download the job description and person specification below for more information about the role.
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Harriet Catt, PA to Principal at the Hastings Academy on 01424 711950.
To submit your application form, follow the ‘Apply for job’ link at the bottom of this page
Closing Date: 1 September 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 5 September 2022
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.