Initially your hours will be 8.00am - 4.00pm Monday to Friday. You will be required to work alternative hours for training and subsequent team holiday/absence cover (6.30am to 2.30pm, 12pm - 8pm)
Starting salary: £21,061 + pay award pending
The St Leonards Academy are looking to recruit an Assistant Facilities Manager to assist and deputise for the Facilities Manager. Working collaboratively within the facilities team, you will help ensure the academy buildings and grounds are kept clean, safe and secure, in accordance with the operational needs of the academy and all regulatory requirements.
Your duties will include:
- Planning and carrying out maintenance and servicing of the academy buildings and grounds - scheduled and unscheduled works
- General caretaking tasks
- Liaison with external contractors ensuring security and safeguarding policies are followed
- Carrying out Risk assessments
- Assigning and prioritising tasks to the team members
- Assisting in the completion of health & safety documentation, COSHH, risk assessments and compliance checks.
- Updating the records on the facilities computerised system
You will have:
- An understanding of H&S Regulations, including COSHH and risk assessment
- A willingness to complete further training to develop and learn new skills
- The ability to undertake a range of maintenance related repairs and improvements
- Good working knowledge of ICT and Microsoft skills
- The ability to work as an effective team member; contribute ideas, share best practices etc
- Good communication skills
Please download the job description and person specification for further information about this opportunity.
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we offer you:
- Family friendly wellbeing practises that support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including: An annual personal development day, job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, open access online training courses and scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton
And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools. Take a closer look: Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
About The St Leonards Academy - Ofsted grade: Good (2017)
The St Leonards Academy is a secondary school for 11 to 16-year olds in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. We have a clear vision of what creates successful learners and how to implement it. Our pupils are enthusiastic about learning and take pride in themselves. Our school values of potential, respect, integrity, determination and excellence run through everything we do. We offer 300 student places each year and have a total capacity of 1500. We also host a special facility for up to 20 young people with physical disabilities and severe autism. Visit us :Home - The St Leonards Academy
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils, and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check, including barred list information.
We welcome applications from all members of the community.
The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
Find out more
Download the job description, person specification and candidate pack.
To arrange an informal discussion or if you would like to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact Dean Laidlaw, FM Manager on 01424 448740 or email address is firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 21 August 2022
Interview date: By arrangement
Proposed start date: 1 September 2022
Please apply today.