Working pattern: 30 Hours per week, term time & Inset days only
Actual Salary (calculated pro rata): £13,699 + pay award pending
Salaries are paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
We believe all children deserve the very best early start in life. Do you?
Are you passionate and committed to supporting young children with their learning and personal development?
If you have answered 'yes' to both the above questions, please continue reading about our new and exciting vacancy.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, flexible and committed Teaching Assistant. In a mainly classroom based role, you will work with colleagues to support both individual and groups of children in their core learning including: reading, writing, and mathematics. You will also provide support in the playground encouraging the children's development of positive social friendships and play skills.
The successful candidate will:
- Provide support to the Teacher in the planning and evaluation of learning activities and support the delivery of learning activities
- Motivate and encourage students by providing levels of individual attention, reassurance and help with learning tasks
- Consistently and effectively implement agreed behaviour management strategies.
You will have:
- Experience of establishing positive relationships with young children and the ability to empathise with their needs
- A strong commitment to supporting children's learning
- Maths and English GCSE grade A- C or equivalent
- A patient, resourceful, enthusiastic and flexible approach
- You will have experience of working with/caring for children, have your own children, or have worked with children in a voluntary capacity
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we offer you:
- Family friendly policies that are designed to support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including: An annual personal development day, Job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, Open access online training courses and Scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton.
And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools. Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
About West St Leonards Primary Academy - Ofsted grade: Good (2021)
West St Leonards Primary Academy is a school for 4 to 11-year olds in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. Our Pride of West Leonards (POW) values run through all that we do; encouraging respect and tolerance and supporting our pupils to become responsible members of our community. We are a National Lead School for the Talk For Writing programme and use the Mastery Approach to teach mathematics. We have two classes in each year group and also host a special facility for up to 12 children with moderate learning difficulties and physical disabilities. Visit West St Leonards Primary Academy website
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
Find out more
Download the job description and person specification below for more information about this opportunity.
To arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about this role please contact Charlene Fleri at firstname.lastname@example.org or alternatively telephone: 01424 422080.
Closing date: 22nd August 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 29th August 2022
Proposed start date: Thursday 1st September 2022
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.