Are you a senior Marketing and Communications professional looking for your next challenge? Would you relish the opportunity to lead the development of a recently established marketing and communications function and team?
Who we’re looking for
The successful candidate will have the ability to operate strategically and have outstanding operational leadership skills, including a practical hands-on approach. Reporting directly to the Trust’s Executive Team, you will lead and shape the establishment of the Trust's marketing and communications function, managing a small team so that it provides high-quality, efficient and effective support.
You will lead the development and implementation of the Trust's marketing and communications strategies in order to achieve an excellent national, local and regional reputation as an effective multi-academy trust. Key objectives include maximising the recruitment of pupils and families to our academies, increasing the recruitment of high-quality teachers and professional support staff, and ensuring effective communications to all staff in the Trust.
You will have:
- Comprehensive knowledge and experience of marketing, communications and public relations functions.
- Experience of providing communications in a complex organisation.
- Demonstrable experience of developing, implementing and monitoring marketing and communications strategies, achieving maximum impact and value for money.
- The ability to lead an effective and efficient marketing and communications function and team.
- A strong commitment to improving the educational experiences and outcomes of young people, many of whom are from disadvantaged and challenging backgrounds.
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is a not-for-profit charity and the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east. We educate 7,600 pupils aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across Sussex.
Our support improves school performance. 14 of our infant, primary and secondary schools are rated Good or Outstanding by Ofsted. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected to our academies achieve excellence. The strengths of the Trust have recently been recognised by Ofsted
“UoBAT trustees and the executive team are determined to improve pupils’ life chances through providing high quality education for all of the pupils in their schools. They maintain a sharp and unerring focus on school improvement, ensuring that the trust’s central values of ‘excellence, innovation and integrity’ are at the heart of their strategic decision making”
Read more about our vision and values. http://www.brightonacademiestrust.org.uk/
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
We offer our employees:
- excellent challenge and development opportunities
- membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, offering excellent benefits including a career average pension and guaranteed future income
- flexible working to maintain a healthy work-life balance
- competitive annual leave entitlement
- enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- mileage and expenses paid
- discounts and offers with popular retailers
- employee assistance programme
- interest-free loans for bicycles.
Find out more
Download the full job description and person specification below for more information about the role.
To have an informal discussion, please contact Sam Coates, Executive Director of Strategy, by email: email@example.com
Closing date: Thursday 12 September 2019
Interview date: Friday 20 September 2019
Proposed start date: October 2019 or as soon as possible
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check