The Burgess Hill Academy is looking to recruit a Learning Support Assistant to join our friendly and enthusiastic team. The role is for 27 hours per week, term time only.
Working as part of our Inclusion Team, we are looking for a Learning Support Assistant to provide support to a student with specific medical needs when their current Learning Support Assistant is on breaks or absent from school. When the postholder is not required to provide support to this student, they will provide classroom support and work with specific students.
We are looking for someone who:
- has good literary and numeracy skills
- is enthusiastic about helping students succeed and make progress academically, socially and emotionally
- is able to work both as part of a team and on their own iniative
- has good communication skills and is able to build relationships with students, staff and parents
- is calm, patient, organised and methodical
- is willing to undertake the required medical training for this student
Previous experience of working within a school / academy or in a medical environment is desireable, however full training will be provided
As an employee of University of Brighton Academies Trust, we can offer you:
- the opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Trust thorough our commitment to your continued professional development.
- a strong and supportive team,
- access to our Employee Assistance Programme, covering a range of health and welfare benefits
- access to our employee discount programme, My Academy Rewards
The Academy is situated in the heart of Burgess Hill on a pleasant 30 Acre site. It is a 5 minute walk from Burgess Hill mainline station with connections to the bustling sea side of Brighton (10 mins) and London (50mins to Victoria). The Town is in the heart of the beautiful South Downs and is a 20 minute drive to the Sea.
Please do have a look at the job description and person specification for more information about the role.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.