The Burgess Hill Academy is looking to recruit a Senior Science Technician to join our friendly and enthusiastic team. The role is for 35 hours per week, term time only.
Under the direction of the Subject Leader for Science, the Senior Science Technician is responsible for co-ordinating the use of practical resources and facilities in the department, and providing assistance and advice in the practical needs of the science curriculum. The role will also include the day to day organisation and development of the Science Technician team and responsibility for ensuring that Health and Safety requirements are adhered to at all times.
We are looking for someone who:
- has previous experience of working within a school / academy or in a science environment
- has knowledge of Health & Safety Legislation as it relates to the work of an academy / school, COSHH and regulations in relation to the safe handling and storage of chemicals, and safe working proctices in relation to handling and usage of hazardous equipment and tools.
- some knowledge of the national curriculum requirements, would be desirable
- is a team player
- is organised, methodical and accurate
As an employee of University of Brighton Academies Trust, we can offer you:
- the opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Trust thorough our commitment to your continued professional development.
- a strong and supportive leadership team, dedicated to the development of staff and students
- access to our Employee Assistance Programme, covering a range of health and welfare benefits
- access to our employee discount programme, My Academy Rewards
The Academy is situated in the heart of Burgess Hill on a pleasant 30 Acre site. It is a 5 minute walk from Burgess Hill mainline station with connections to the bustling sea side of Brighton (10 mins) and London (50mins to Victoria). The Town is in the heart of the beautiful South Downs and is a 20 minute drive to the Sea.
Please do have a look at the job description and person specification for more information about the role.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.