The St Leonards Academy - (Internal Applicants only)
Head of Faculty - English & Literacy – TLR1c
Fixed term contract from 01.09.20
Our mission is to create a culture of innovation and excellence that unlocks the potential of every student. We are committed to providing outstanding learning experiences for all our students to enable them to develop as confident, independent individuals.
Due to maternity leave, an exciting opportunity has arisen at The St Leonards Academy and we seek to appoint a Head of Faculty on a fixed term contract who can model what it takes to be an outstanding teacher and subject leader and thus act as an example to all middle leaders.
We are looking for:
- a specialist committed to the progress of all students in English and work alongside the Vice Principal developing and leading an exciting curriculum which enables the highest level of student progress and attainment, and is an example of best practice for others
- someone to lead the English and Literacy faculty on a day to day basis
- someone with enthusiasm, presence and authority who can deliver consistently good or better lessons
- a team member who will collaborate with colleagues to ensure the progress of students, as well as supporting the Principal in recruiting, inducting and developing the English faculty to ensure consistently high standards of teaching
We can offer you:-
• the opportunity to work within an academy recently classified as 'Good' by Ofsted
• a calm, positive and innovative learning environment
• excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
• excellent professional development opportunities
Benefits - we offer a wide range of exciting and useful employee benefits to all our employees, including flexible working to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive annual leave entitlement, maternity and paternity leave, and discounts and offers with popular retailers.
We believe in the power of motivated and happy staff, which is why we seek to enrich and reward our employees wherever we can.
To arrange a visit to the academy or to have an informal discussion, please contact the HR Department on 01424 711925 or email email@example.com
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
Closing date: Friday 27th March 2020.