Required for September 2020
The Burgess Hill Academy opened as an Academy in 2016, sponsored by the University of Brighton Academies Trust, and we have made tremendous strides in our journey to become a great school for Burgess Hill. We achieved a Good Ofsted in May 2019, but there is still much to do to realise the full potential of the school and our amazing students.
The Academy is situated in the heart of Burgess Hill on a pleasant 30 Acre site. We are curently undergoing an extensive refurbishment. The Town is in the heart of the beautiful South Downs; a 20 minute drive to the Sea and a 5 minute walk from Burgess Hill mainline station with connections to the bustling sea side of Brighton (10 mins) and London (50mins to Victoria).
We are looking for a Teacher of Maths to join us from September 2020. We welcome applications from newly qualified teachers.
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to work within an Academy recently classified as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- a settled and experienced Maths department with a track record of good results
- a calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- opportunity to develop and grow leadership experience. We are an outward facing organisation and look to learn from best practice nationally
- access to great professional development as part of a Multi-Academy Trust
Please take a look at the job description and person specification for this role. Candidates who wish to have an informal chat or a visit to the Academy before deciding whether to apply should contact Jon Francies, Principal on 01444 241691 or email@example.com
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.