We are looking for a confident, self-motivated and organised HR Administrator to join our friendly team for a temporary period of 3 months to cover a particularly busy time. This role will likely be based at home initially due to social distancing measures but will be based at Falmer Campus once the measures are relaxed.
You will have:
- Maths and English GCSE Grade A- C or equivalent
- Good communication skills, both oral and written, and the ability to prioritise
- Knowledge of a range of computer applications including Microsoft Word and Excel
The role of HR Administrator plays an integral part in maintaining the vital functions of the department, ensuring that it runs smoothly and effectively. Previous HR experience would be beneficial. To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Provide comprehensive administrative support for various areas of HR including recruitment
- Accurately input data into computerised systems, databases and spreadsheets and retrieve/cleanse data when necessary
- Provide cover and support for other members of the team as required
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is a not-for-profit charity and the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east. We educate 7,600 pupils aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across Sussex.
Our support improves school performance. 14 of our infant, primary and secondary schools are rated Good or Outstanding by Ofsted. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected to our academies achieve excellence. The strengths of the Trust have recently been recognised by Ofsted
“UoBAT trustees and the executive team are determined to improve pupils’ life chances through providing high quality education for all of the pupils in their schools. They maintain a sharp and unerring focus on school improvement, ensuring that the trust’s central values of ‘excellence, innovation and integrity’ are at the heart of their strategic decision making”
Read more about our vision and values. http://www.brightonacademiestrust.org.uk/
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
We offer our employees:
- excellent challenge and development opportunities
- membership of the Local Government Pension Scheme, offering excellent benefits including a career average pension and guaranteed future income
- flexible working to maintain a healthy work-life balance
- competitive annual leave entitlement
- enhanced maternity and paternity leave
- mileage and expenses paid
- discounts and offers with popular retailers
- employee assistance programme
- interest-free loans for bicycles.
Find out more
Download the full job description and person specification below for more information about the role.
To have an informal discussion, please contact Christina Dawson, HR Manager, by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Proposed start date: Mid June 2020 or as soon as possible
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check