Upper Academy Phase Leader with TLR allowance 2a
We are looking to appoint a committed and dynamic Upper Academy Phase Leader to join our happy and successful team from January 2021. The successful candidate will teach and lead across the Upper Academy Phase. This is an exciting opportunity to develop your leadership skills in a friendly and highly supportive environment.
Churchwood is a one-form entry primary school situated in the picturesque setting of Church Wood in St Leonards on Sea and achieved a GOOD Ofsted inspection in June 2017. We have a large playing field, our own Forest School, a Woodland Playground and two acres of beautiful woodland. We have up to 300 children who are organised into single age classes including our thriving Nursery and a specialist SEN ASD facility class. Our academy is part of the very successful University of Brighton Academies Trust.
We are looking for someone who:
- Is an outstanding classroom practitioner and who can lead by example
- Has high expectations of themselves, pupils and colleagues across their team
- Is highly organised, motivated and driven to succeed
-Is forward thinking and innovative with their practice
- Has excellent interpersonal skills and is a good communicator
- Has ability to work as a part of a team
- Can lead the Upper Academy phase and a core curriculum area across the academy. A interest in English or Science would be desirable.
We can offer:
- Exceptionally motivated and well-behaved pupils ready to learn!
-A happy, caring academy ethos – ‘Everyone Can at Churchwood!’
-A supportive, well established and driven team committed to doing their very best for our pupils
-Extensive CPD opportunities working within our academy and across the Brighton Academies Trust network of fifteen primary, infant and secondary schools
-Large, bright and well equipped classrooms
-Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, covering a range of health and welfare benefits
- Access to our employee discount programme, My Academy Rewards
If you are looking to take the next step in your career in an exciting role then we would love to hear from you.
To arrange a socially distanced visit or have an informal discussion with the Principal, please contact the Academy's office on 01424 852326 / firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a suitable time.
Applicants will be required to complete all necessary written work involved in this position. Employment will be subject to satisfactory Enhanced DBS clearances including the Disqualification under the Childcare Act. We are committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expect all staff to share this commitment.
Closing date for applications: Friday 2nd October 2020
Interviews: Week commencing 5th October