Are you a secondary school teacher with the drive and creativity to make a positive impact in a school?
We are seeking to appoint an excellent intervention teacher to deliver interventions to small groups of students across key stages 3 and 4. This is a casual contract on a claims only basis at £25.00 per hour, in order to support the impact of most children being out of school during lockdown period during 2020. We would like the role to start as soon as possible. We envisage 4 hours per week, for 6 weeks, working with a specially identified group of students. Further 6 week rolling blocks may be required.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has a drive for excellence and a desire to be outstanding!
- Is highly organised, motivated and driven to succeed
- Is committed to the progress of ALL students
- Is a team member who will collaborate with colleagues to ensure the progress of students
- Has enthusiasm, presence and authority who can deliver consistently
As an employee of University of Brighton Academies Trust, we can offer you:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Trust thorough our commitment to your continued professional development.
- A strong and supportive leadership team, dedicated to the development of staff and students
- Access to our Employee Assistance Programme, covering a range of health and welfare benefits
- Access to our employee discount programme, My Academy Rewards
About the St Leonards Academy
Ofsted grade: Good (2017)
The St Leonards Academy is a secondary sechool for 11 to 16- year olds in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. We have a clear vison of what creates successful learners and how to implement it. Our pupils are enthusiastic about learning and take pride in themselves. Our school values of potential, respect, integrity, determination and excellence run through everything we do. We are one of twenty TEEP Ambassador schools in the UK. Teacher Effectiveness Enhancement; that we have been selected as an ambassador school speaks volumes for how crucial a part of our culture teacher development is. We offer 300 student places each year and have a total capacity of 1500. We also host a special facility for up to 20 young people withphysical disabilities and severe autism.
- a calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- excellent facilities and resources for staff and students.
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils, and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
Find out more
Please do have a look at the job description and person specification for more information about the role.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact Gail Ferguson, Academy Administration Manager on 01424 448740.
To submit your application form, follow the ‘Apply for job’ link at the bottom of this page
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.