Extended School Coordinator
Churchwood Primary Academy
6.5 hours per week, Thursday and Friday, 14:45-18:00 Term Time Only
Churchwood Primary Academy is looking for an extended schools coordinator to join our hugely motivated and enthusiastic team. We are committed to developing our academy into an amazing place for the whole Churchwood community, a place where we all flourish and thrive. We believe it is our responsibility to promote a community founded on respect, trust, fairness and honesty. We take care and pride in each other and ourselves; we really believe it is important to be positive and happy, that learning is for everyone. We want to be aspirational and ambitious; we want to keep getting better. We expect everyone to help create a place where we can all thrive and enjoy being together.
We are looking for an creative, enthusiastic and self motivated extended schools coordinator who will work as part of our team to provide high quality care for the pupils. The main aim of the role is to provide safe, high quality play opportunities and care for children, and be responsible for the day to day organisation and operation of the club.
The successful candidate should
* Have experience providing full care for the children aged between 4 and 11.
* Be able to provide high quality activities for the pupils to promote learn through play.
* Provide a safe environment for children, that equipment is safe, standards of hygiene are high, safety procedures are implemented at all times and fire drills/evacuation procedures are carried out effectively.
* To provide full care for the children including collection of children from school (where appropriate) and the safe delivery to parents and/or named carers. This may include providing refreshments.
* Be able to work within agreed policies and practices, including behaviour management, child protection, equal opportunities and Health & Safety
* The ability to create good working relationships to support pupils effectively and promote positive values, attitudes and behaviour.
* Have excellent motivational and communication skills
* Be well-motivated with a positive attitude
Our academy will provide you with:
* An innovative and inspirational place to develop and grow
* Opportunities to have a significant impact on the development of the Academy and the children's learning and experiences
* Support and team work throughout our family of Hastings Academy Trust
* The chance to broaden your experience and professional development in interesting and inspiring ways.
The successful candidate will have high expectations and will demonstrate a commitment to working as part of our community.