We are looking for an Academy Business Manager to lead our highly motivated and committed support staff team at the Hastings Academy.
To support the Principal in the efficient planning and management of academy operations and resources
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team, to provide professional leadership and management of relevant school support staff to enable highest standards of provision in the academy.
As a member of the Senior Leadership Team strategically contribute to the vision, aims and objectives of the academy and evaluate, review and monitor progress
To be responsible to the Principal for all aspects of financial recording keeping, budgeting, planning, analysis and reporting for the academy.
To work strategically to generate funding for the Academy through engaging with bid writing and outward facing work relating to a range of potential income streams.
We are looking for someone who has:
- a qualification in business management or equivalent experience in a business management role
- experience of planning and delivering support services within a school environment.
- knowledge of statutory guidance for schools including but not limited to Safeguarding, Health and Safety and Finance and Administration.
- highly developed communication and inter-personal skills, can identify and use appropriate methods of communication to communicate sensitive, complex or difficult information appropriately
- the ability to work with and build networks with senior colleagues and stakeholders, within and external to the trust
- excellent communication, influencing, negotiating, networking and collaborative skills, quickly establish credibility and respect and build strong working relationships with a range of audiences including students, staff, central team, suppliers, Local Governing Board and Trust Executive Team
- is committed to the values, vision and mission of the Trust and to working to achieve best outcomes for all our students and pupils
- has high levels of enthusiasm and personal motivation
About the Hastings Academy
Ofsted grade: Good (2018)
The Hastings Academy is a secondary school for 11 to 16 - year olds in Hastings, East Susses. Our moto, Pride through success, runs through everything that we do. We are a modern and innovative school, with specialist classrooms and technology to support learning. Our team of talented professional staff are committed to maximising the potential of every child. We hold the Quality of Careers Standard, the national quality award for careers education, information, advice and guidance. We are renowned for our inclusivity and outstanding care of students. We offer 180 student places every year, with a total capacity of 900. We also host a special facility for up to 10 young people with speech and language and communication difficulties. We can offer you:
- a positive and innovative learning environment
- excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils, and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insi s and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
Benefits we offer
We value our staff, investing in their training and development at all stages of their careers.
We place particular importance on providing opportunities for you to learn and grow, with a package that includes an annual personal development day, job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, open access online training courses, and scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton. And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools
The other benefits we offer, including our generous public sector pension schemes and family friendly policies, are designed to support you with work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life.
Take a closer look
Find out more
Download the job description and person specification at the bottom of this page for more information about the role.
To arrange an informal discussion please contact Hilary Morawska, Principal on 01424 711950 or email Harriet Catt, PA to Principal on email@example.com
Closing Date: 31.10.21
To submit your application form, follow the ‘Apply for job’ link at the bottom of this page.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.