An exciting opportunity for a primary trained teacher of Maths to join us in September 2019
We are a diverse and thriving Academy that has recently achieved a ‘Good’ rating from Ofsted. Joining us would provide you with opportunities to engage with a highly personalised CPD programme at the same time as making a significant difference to the lives of our young people.
Our current year 7 are amazing and are the largest year group in the school. The year 6 into 7 group for 2019 is set to be even bigger!
We need someone to
- focus on building on primary school progress to teach year 7 and 8 maths.
- to deliver a programme to support year 7 students who need ‘catch up’ and support with literacy.
- to support our community working with our primary feeders
Working with us you would have the benefit of:
- a settled and experienced Maths department with a track record of good results. 84% pass rate in Maths last academic year.
- an excellent NQT programme
- access to first class CPD within school, The Trust and the University.
Our greatest asset is our students. They are fantastic and have the potential to achieve amazing things. We need staff who genuinely believe in the ability of all students to succeed and who want to develop their practice to be the best.
The Academy is situated in the heart of Burgess Hill on a pleasant 30 Acre site. It is a 5 minute walk from Burgess Hill mainline station with connections to the bustling sea side of Brighton (10 mins) and London (50mins to Victoria). The Town is in the heart of the beautiful South Downs and is a 20 minute drive to the Sea.
Please do have a look at the job description and person specification for more information about the role.
If you would like to arrange a visit to the academy, please contact Elaine Setterfield on 01444 241691
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.