Do you thrive on seeing your pupils excel in sport?
We are seeking an enthusiastic sports coach to join our dedicated and supportive team.
We are looking for a sports coach who can motivate, engage and be a positive role model to our children. You will have:
- A NVQ Level 3 or equivalent in Sports Coaching
- A good understanding of the characteristics and qualities of high quality PE lessons
- The ability to effectively deliver high quality PE lessons to pupils of all ages and abilities including those with physical disabilities
This is an important role for our academy as we constantly strive to improve and excel in all that we do. To succeed in this role, you will need to:
- Be responsible for running a variety of sports-based clubs, four days per week across the primary age group.
- To prepare and implement well-structured and progressive sports coaching programmes ensuring a high quality, enjoyable coaching experience centred on the needs of pupils
- Be a positive role model, creating a positive and fun environment in which to motivate and encourage children to participate in sport and physical activity.
About Holmbush Primary Academy
Ofsted grade: Good (2018)
Holmbush Primary Academy is a school for 4 to 11-year olds in Shoreham by Sea, West Sussex. We’re a small and nurturing school, with one class in each year group. We have high expectations and engage our pupils with our creative and inspiring curriculum. Staff and pupils benefit from classrooms with direct access to outdoor space. We also host Little Learners, a nursery for 3- and 4-year olds.
We can offer you:
- a calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- excellent facilities and resources for staff and pupils.
Visit Holmbush Primary Academy website
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
Benefits we offer
We value our staff, investing in their training and development at all stages of their careers.
We place particular importance on providing opportunities for you to learn and grow, with a package that includes an annual personal development day, job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, open access online training courses, and scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton. And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
The other benefits we offer including our generous public sector pension schemes and family friendly policies are designed to support you with work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life.
Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
Closing date: 22/04/2022
Interview date: 03/05/2022
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.