Actual Starting Salary £9035 per annum
Do you want to support pupils with their learning and personal development?
Teaching Assistants play a crucial role in the classroom. We are seeking an individual who can support our teachers to motivate and encourage our pupils with an interest and proven experience in speech and language development.
We are looking for a Teaching Assistant to join our friendly team to support our pupils with Speech and Language development who is calm, confident and has the skills to be able to support classroom activities safely and can create a positive learning environment. The role may provide support to the teacher within a class as well as supporting groups of pupils in emotional, social and wellbeing based activities. We are an outward facing academy with great staff, pupils and parents.You will have:
- Maths and English GCSE Grade A- C or equivalent
- Experience of establishing positive relationships with students and the ability to empathise with their needs
- A strong commitment to supporting children's learning
- A patient, resourceful, enthusiastic and flexible approach
In return for your skills and experience, we can offer you:
- Family friendly policies that are designed to support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including: An annual personal development day, job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, open access online training courses and Scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton.
And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
About Hollington Primary Academy - Ofsted grade: Good (2017)
Hollington Primary Academy is a school for 4 to 11- year olds in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. We serve our local community and encourage our pupils to think big. We have two classes in each year group and use our creative curriculum to bring learning to life. We have excellent sports provision and hold the Gold School Games award. We also host a nursery for children aged from 2 years. The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils, and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
Closing date: Wednesday 24th May 2022
Interview date: By arrangement
Proposed start date: June 2022 or asap