Hybrid Working: Primarily home based with occasional travel to the office (Office relocation to Burgess Hill pending)
The University of Brighton Academies Trust wish to recruit a Finance Manager – Forecasting, Planning and Analysis.
This is a new and exciting role within the Trust, created through a recent departmental restructure. Reporting directly into the Head of Finance, the role will play a pivotal part in the management and direction of the overall finance team.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced finance professional to use their extensive skills and experience to lead our forecasting, planning and analysis function.
Your key responsibilities and tasks will include:
- Responsibility for the consolidation of the monthly management information post submission by the Academies and Professional Services
- Producing monthly reports for submission to the Head of Finance on the monthly position of the Trust, ensuring submission by the deadline
- Creating and developing reports on KPIs for the Professional Services to accompany the monthly management information
- Responsibility for the consolidation of the Trusts Medium-term financial plan, including appropriate analysis and reporting
- Responsibility for the consolidation of the Trusts annual budgets, including appropriate analysis and reporting
- Proactively using this information to identify opportunities for efficient and effective improvement across the Trust
- Working with the wider finance team to ensure application of the Trust’s Finance Regulations
- Working with the Finance Manager (Financial Control and Reporting) to ensure an appropriate timetable is in place for all reporting requirements
- Working with the wider finance team to ensure journals and budget requests are submitted accurately and timely for inclusion in the relevant accounting period
- Lead effective and regular communication with academies and professional services departments on behalf of the finance department
- Manipulating large and complex volumes of data to provide insightful commercial analysis
- Providing detailed analysis and commentary on the results and forecasts
In return for your skills and knowledge, you will receive:
• A generous annual leave allowance: 26 days + Bank Holidays
• Generous public sector pension schemes
• Flexible working rights from day 1
• Cycle to Work Scheme
• Free car parking whilst working at the office
• Continuous support and development training
For further information please download the attached full job description and person specification. To arrange an informal discussion about this role please contact Kelly Johnson, the Head of Finance & Business Partner on telephone number 07983 822 804. Or alternatively via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
More About Us……
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the South East , with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Find out more: Home - Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
If you are seeking an opportunity to continue and develop your accounting career, with an organisation that truly values its employees, then please apply today.
Application closing date: 3 July 2022
Interview dates: 13 & 14 July 2022
Start date: As soon as possible