Working pattern: Term time only plus Inset days
Actual starting salary (calculated pro rata): £20,284
The Burgess Hill Academy is looking to recruit a Pastoral Leader to join our friendly and enthusiastic pastoral team from September 2022. The pastoral team provide support to students to overcome any barriers to their learning.
Your role will involve:
- Providing a high level of support to students and staff in all matters linked to pupil wellbeing, behaviour and attendance
- Providing support to the year group with child protection and safeguarding
- Undertaking administrative work that supports the pastoral case of students
You will have:
- Experience of working within a school or with young people
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Work well both as part of a team and on their own initiative
- Organised and proactive, with the ability to prioritise and manage their time effectively
- Work well under pressure and be able to deal with conflicting demands
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we offer you:
- Family friendly wellbeing practises that support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including: An annual personal development day, job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, open access online training courses and scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton
And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
Take a closer look: Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
About the Burgess Hill Academy Ofsted grade: Good in all areas (2019)
The Burgess Hill Academy is a secondary school for 11 to 16-year olds in Burgess Hill, West Sussex. We challenge and support our pupils to believe in their best, providing an academic focus with a determination to support wellbeing and employability skills. In 2020 we have enhanced our learning environment with refurbished classrooms, science labs and outdoor areas. We offer 240 student places each year and have a total capacity of 1200. Home - The Burgess Hill Academy
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex. Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community.
The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
Closing date: 24 August 2022
Interview dates: 31 August 2022
Proposed start date: 1 September 2022