Working pattern: Part time 22 hours per week
Location: Either office based or hybrid working
Actual starting salary (calculated pro rata): £16,148 + pay award pending
Are you looking to continue your career in HR whilst working part time?
We have an exciting opportunity for you to join our highly motivated, friendly and supportive People Operations team.
As a People Officer, you will be joining a team who are key to ensuring the professional, effective and efficient HR, pay and pension services for our Staff, Academies and Professional Services departments.
Responsibilities and tasks of this varied role include:
- The day to day supervision of the People Administrators
- Providing all stakeholders with first line advice, guidance and support on People policies, procedures and processes
- Keeping up to date with employment and data protection legislation
- Working collaboratively with colleagues in the People department to drive consistency of approach and compliance across the Trust
- Undertaking internal audits of People processes and systems to ensure accuracy and compliance
To be successful in this role, you will be an HR generalist who has:
- Previous line management or supervisory responsibility
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A meticulous eye for detail
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking and analytical skills
- Strong IT skills particularly Microsoft Excel, and an ability to learn/previous experience of our HR information system (iTrent)
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we offer you:
- Family friendly wellbeing practises that support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- Automatic annual pay progression
- 26 days annual leave + bank holidays
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression
Take a closer look: Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year. Visit us: Home - Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community.
The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
Find out more
Please download the attached job description and person specification, and candidate pack for further details. To arrange an informal discussion please contact Charlotte King at: email@example.com
Application closing date: 21 August 2022
Interview date: Week commencing 22 August 2022
Start date: By arrangement
Please select ‘Apply for Job’ at the bottom of this page and submit your application today.