Working Pattern: Part Time 25 hours per week - Monday to Friday 8.30am-1.30pm, Term time only
Actual starting salary (calculated pro rata): £11,435 per annum + pay award pending
Salaries are paid in 12 equal monthly instalments
Silverdale Primary Academy are looking to appoint an Attendance Officer to join our highly motivated team to support our Academy in improving pupil attendance.
Your key tasks will include:
- Liaising with pupils, parents and staff to promote good attendance
- Ensuring that the Academy’s Attendance policy and strategy is followed
- Working with outside agencies to support pupils and parents
To be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be a strong team player
- Be able to maintain a professional manner in challenging situations
- Have the confidence to challenge difficult behaviour
- Have excellent administration skills including Microsoft Word and Excel
- Be highly organised, motivated and driven to succeed
In return for your skills, knowledge and experience, we offer you:
- Family friendly policies that are designed to support you with a work-life balance, wellbeing and the financial aspects of life
- Excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- A calm, positive and innovative learning environment
- Automatic annual pay progression
- Generous public sector pension scheme
- Flexible working opportunities from day 1
- Discounts on retail & travel
- Cycle 2 Work scheme
- Charity giving
- High quality continuous professional development and support for your career progression including: An annual personal development day, Job-related apprenticeships to enhance your skillset, Open access online training courses and Scholarships run in collaboration with the University of Brighton.
- And when the time is right for you to take the next step in your career, we can help you to find the right opportunity in one of our 15 schools.
- Find out more: Work with us - Brighton Academies Trust
About Silverdale Primary Academy - Ofsted grade: Good (2018)
Silverdale Primary Academy is a school for 4 to 11-year olds in St Leonards on Sea, East Sussex. We are deeply committed to providing high-quality education for the families in our local community. We are a local centre of excellence for the Thrive approach and focus our school life around key learning behaviours characterised by our learning ninjas! Our three classes of pupils in each year group, enjoy creative learning in an outstanding learning environment. This includes an indoor heated swimming pool, extensive grounds, a music hub, and a rainforest themed library. We have recently added a log cabin to our Forest School outdoor learning area to enable year-round Forest School activities. Visit Silverdale Primary Academy website
About the University of Brighton Academies Trust
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is the fifth largest multi-academy trust in the south east, with 15 infant, primary and secondary schools all graded by Ofsted as Good or Outstanding. We educate 7,700 children aged 3 months to 16 years and employ 1,200 staff across East and West Sussex.
Excellence, innovation and integrity are the values that guide us. We work collaboratively to help our pupils and everyone connected with our academies achieve excellence. By working together, sharing insights and best practice our schools support each other to improve. Read more about our vision and values.
The University of Brighton is our sponsor. We work closely with the University’s School of Education: in 2019 it was judged as Outstanding by Ofsted for all Initial Teacher Training and was awarded the Student Union’s school of the year.
Find out more
Download the job description and person specification, and candidate pack to learn more about this opportunity. To arrange a visit or to have an informal discussion about this role please contact Amy Wibberley on email@example.com
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.
We welcome applications from all members of the community. The Trust is proud to be part of the government’s Disability Confident scheme which underpins our staff recruitment practices.
Closing Date: 21 August 2022
Interview Date: TBC
Start Date: Thursday 1 September 2022