14 hours per week, term time only
Grade 5 - £6,145 pa (full time equivalent salary of £19,544 pa).
We wish to appoint a Pastoral Medical Assistant to provide effective support to students with minor medical needs, administer first aid as necessary and provide administrative support as part of the wider pastoral team, whose work relates to the needs of students, attendance and behaviour management. The role is for 14 hours a week term time only, working Thursdays and Fridays 8.30am - 4pm.
Following training in the role, the successful candidate will also be expected to have knowledge of first aid procedures and the administration of medication to students, in line with the the associated policies of the University of Brighton Academies Trust.
Experience of working within a school, with young people or within a medical environment would be desireable. We are looking for someone:
- with excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- with good administrative skills
- with good organisational skills and the ability to work well under pressure and with conflicting demands
- who can work well both as part of a team and on their own initiative
- who is flexible, professional and reliable
As an employee of University of Brighton Academies Trust, we can offer you:
- the opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Trust thorough our commitment to your continued professional development.
- a strong and supportive leadership team, dedicated to the development of staff and students
- access to our Employee Assistance Programme, covering a range of health and welfare benefits
- access to our employee discount programme, My Academy Rewards
The Academy is situated in the heart of Burgess Hill on a pleasant 30 Acre site. It is a 5 minute walk from Burgess Hill mainline station with connections to the bustling sea side of Brighton (10 mins) and London (50mins to Victoria). The Town is in the heart of the beautiful South Downs and is a 20 minute drive to the Sea.
Please do have a look at the job description and person specification for more information about the role.
The Trust reserves the right to interview and appoint a suitable candidate before the closing date.
The University of Brighton Academies Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All appointments are subject to an enhanced DBS check.