The Hastings Academy opened on 1st September 2011 and achieved a 'Good' Ofsted inspection in February 2018. Our mission is to create a culture of innovation and excellence that unlocks the potential of every student. We are committed to providing outstanding learning experiences for all our students to enable them to develop as confident, independent individuals.
The Hastings Academy require an Social and Inclusion Manager to join our enthusiastic support team who can contribute to the overall running of the academy
We are looking for:
A qualified and experienced Social Worker:
- To be the Deputy Designated Safeguarding Lead in school and to ensure good communication between families other professionals and the school.
- To secure a complementary service to teachers and pastoral staff in school, addressing the needs of students who need support to overcome barriers to attendance, behaviour, mental health that impacts on their learning both inside and outside school, limiting their opportunity to achieve their full potential.
- To enable high quality, high profile contact with families of students, ensuring support is co-ordinated between school, families and outside agencies.
- To line manage learning mentors and other pastoral support staff
- To be responsible for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and young people within the Academy.To actively support and train staff to ensure up to date safeguarding and child protection policies and practices are rigorously applied.
- To oversee/action paperwork for all open Social Care cases and attend all meetings
We can offer you:
- the opportunity to work within an Academy recently classified as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
- a supportive, positive and innovative learning environment
- excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
- excellent professional development opportunities
We offer a wide range of exciting and useful employee benefits to all our employees, including: flexible working to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive annual leave entitlement, maternity and paternity leave, and discounts and offers with popular retailers.
We believe in the power of motivated and happy staff, which is why we seek to enrich and reward our employees wherever we can.
To arrange a visit to the academy or to have an informal discussion then please contact the HR Department on 01424 711925 or email email@example.com
Thank you for your interest