Are you studying for a maths, engineering or physics related degree at the University of Brighton or the University of Sussex and interested in teaching? Our internship will give you an insight into what teaching is really like. You'll work in a secondary school in Hastings or Burgess Hill for four weeks this summer. We'll support you from day one. And you'll earn £1,200.
ABOUT THE INTERNSHIPS
- Experience the excitement and challenge of maths or physics teaching in one of four successful secondary schools before you commit to training to teach.
- Part of a national scheme which aims to increase the number of maths and physics secondary school teachers.
- Run by the University of Brighton Academies Trust in partnership with the University of Brighton’s School of Education.
- Work in a school for four weeks from mid-June to mid-July 2020.
- Earn while you learn. We will pay you £300 a week.
- Benefit from personalised support from a mentor and subject teacher in your school.
- 10 places available.
ACTIVITIES MAY INCLUDE...
- Working with experienced teachers on planning, shadowing and lesson observations.
- Helping with the planning and delivery of lessons.
- Running projects and master classes for pupils.
- Providing 1:1 or small group support for pupils who need additional support.
- Organising school trips.
- Helping with laboratory work.
- Experiencing the educational practices of the subject department, including lesson planning, assessment and record keeping.
- Experiencing how data and information are used to support pupils’ needs, progress and attainment.
- Attending keynote inputs, delivered by the University of Brighton’s School of Education, on the principles and practices of learning and teaching and key contemporary issues in education.
WHICH SCHOOLS WILL I WORK IN?
You will have the opportunity to work in one of four Sussex secondary schools. Click the links below to visit each school's website.
With the exception of Downlands, the schools are part of the University of Brighton Academies Trust.
AM I ELIGIBLE TO APPLY?
You are eligible to apply for our teaching internship if you are:
- studying a maths, physics or engineering related undergraduate degree
- studying at the University of Brighton or the University of Sussex.
HOW DO I APPLY?
Complete and submit your application by Friday 1 May 2020.
If your application is successful we’ll invite you to visit us in school to find out more.
FIND OUT MORE
Visit www.brightonacademiestrust.org.uk/try-teaching or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Thank you for your interest.