The Hastings Academy opened on 1st September 2011 and achieved a 'Good' Ofsted inspection in February 2018. Our mission is to create a culture of innovation and excellence that unlocks the potential of every student. We are committed to providing outstanding learning experiences for all our students to enable them to develop as confident, independent individuals.
We’re on an exciting journey at The Hastings academy and are looking for a dynamic, inspirational Teacher of Dance to inspire our young people. Passionate about learning and creative in the classroom, you will be able to demonstrate an ability to teach dance to a consistently high standard and with good subject knowledge in Key Stage 3 and 4.
We are looking for an enthusiastic teacher to join our committed and hardworking team. The successful applicant will be well qualified, enthusiastic and committed to raising students’ attainment, health and well-being as a member of the PE department.
The ideal candidate will have:
• Dance degree / Qualified Teacher Status with dance specialism
• A passion for dance and performing arts.
• A strong commitment to extra-curricular activities.
• Experience of teaching the GCSE AQA Dance specification.
• Experience in assessing and moderating with dance to examination level.
• The ability to maintain and develop links within the community.
• The ability to deliver and maintain an extensive enrichment programme.
• Experience in planning, implementing and reflecting on schemes of work.
We can offer you:
• the opportunity to work within an Academy recently classified as ‘Good’ by Ofsted
• a calm, positive and innovative learning environment
• excellent facilities and resources for staff and students
• excellent professional development opportunities
We offer a wide range of exciting and useful employee benefits to all our employees, including: flexible working to maintain a healthy work-life balance, competitive annual leave entitlement, maternity and paternity leave, and discounts and offers with popular retailers.
We believe in the power of motivated and happy staff, which is why we seek to enrich and reward our employees wherever we can.
To arrange a visit to the academy or to have an informal discussion then please contact the HR Department on 01424 711925 or email email@example.com
Thank you for your interest